“Same day credit cards” are credit cards that give you instant approval AND allow you to use the card on the same day. So, if you want credit immediately, today, these cards are the place to start:
- GAP Credit Cards (GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta) – If you’ve ever shopped inside a GAP or GAP-family store, you are sure to have been asked if you’d like to sign up for a credit card and get a discount on your purchase. The GAP credit card gives you 15% off your first purchase, and you can shop with it the same day you are approved.
- JCPenney Credit Card – Get instant approval and start shopping on the same day — not only that, you’ll get 15% off most of today’s purchases when you buy with your new card. (Discount is 5% on major appliances and the Modern Bride Diamond Vault.)
- Macy’s Credit Card – Macy’s wants you to use your credit card on the same day you get it — and tomorrow, too. Apply today and assuming you are instantly approved, you will get 20% off your Macy’s purchases with the card both today and tomorrow (up to $100 off maximum).
- Nordstrom Visa – Apply, be approved, and start charging on the same day. Here’s the language Nordstrom uses: “If approved, you can sign in to access your card online and start shopping right away.” And this: “Plus, get a $20 bonus Note when you spend $100 at Nordstrom with your new Nordstrom card the day you’re approved.”
- Toys R Us Credit Card – Apply for and be approved for the Toys R Us & Babies R Us MasterCard or store card and you’ll get 15% off your first day purchases in store (or you can take up to 90 days to take the 15%-off if you apply online).
- Walmart Credit Card – Open a Walmart MasterCard or store credit card and you’ll get 10% off your purchases on the same day you are approved (up to $25 off max, though).
- Amazon.com Store Card – This Amazon credit card will give you an instant decision on your application and, assuming you are approved instantly, you can begin to use the card to make purchases. Note that this card is issued by Synchrony Bank and is not the Amazon Rewards Visa issued by Chase. This card offers special financing on Amazon.com purchases, but no rewards. (However, if you are a paid Amazon Prime member, you will get a 5%rebate on your card purchases.)
- Overstock MasterCard – Apply and get approved on the same day — in fact you could be using your card “in as little as 60 seconds.” Earn Club O dollars on Overstock.com purchases at an 8% rate, on gas and grocery purchases at 2%, and 1% on everything else.