Frontier Airlines, in partnership with Barclays Bank, offers the Frontier World Mastercard credit card to give consumers the opportunity to earn miles in the Frontier frequent flyer program. Below we offer an overview / review of the card to help you decide if it’s right for your needs:
The Frontier World Mastercard has a $79 annual fee, so you’ll need to earn some miles with this one just to get back to even. If you spend enough with the card, it obviously could give you more value.
Let’s look at the card’s rewards formula. You get:
- 5 miles per dollar on Frontier Airlines flights booked at flyfrontier.com.
- 3 miles per dollar on restaurant purchases
- 1 mile per dollar on all other purchases
BONUS OFFER: Get 40,000 bonus miles if you spend at least $500 in the first 90 days of having the card, which could equal as many as 2 round-trip tickets on Frontier (depending on where you are flying, of course).
Other perks or items of interest with this card:
- You earn 1 qualifying mile toward elite status on Frontier with every dollar charged to the card.
- Miles can be shared with family or others in a designated group through “family pooling.”
- You’ll get a $100 flight voucher each year upon renewing the card.
- You’ll get priority Zone 2 boarding on Frontier flights paid for with the card.
The interest rate on the Frontier credit card may be 17.99%, 21.99%, or 26.99%, depending on your credit history. Obviously you don’t ever want to pay interest on this card, both because any of those interest rates is fairly high and paying interest essentially cancels out the rewards you receive.