Bed Bath & Beyond, in partnership with Comenity Capital Bank, offers a credit card that allows you to earn rewards on every card purchase. Our overview/review of the Bed Bath & Beyond credit card is below:
The first thing to note about this card is the name: Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard. That’s good, because it tells you this card is accepted anywhere MasterCard is accepted, meaning you can use it widely. Here at Credit Card Catalog we prefer a card such as this to the many retail credit cards that can only be used at a single store chain. If you’re going to open a new credit line and potentially take a hit on your credit score for doing so, you should at least get a card you can use often.
That said, let’s look at what the Bed Bath Beyond MasterCard offers in terms of rewards. While Bed Bath & Beyond positions the program as percentage rewards based on your purchases, it makes more sense to simply think of them as points. You earn:
- 5 points per dollar on Bed Bath & Beyond purchases
- 2 points per dollar on gas and grocery purchases
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
Every time you reach 1000 points, you get a $10 Bed Bath & Beyond rewards certificate mailed to you with your monthly billing statement.
There are some other bonuses and special financing offers that come with this card:
- If you spend over $1000 with the card outside of Bed Bath & Beyond stores in the first 6 months of having the card, you’ll get a $25 rewards certificate. And if you spend over $6000, you’ll get an additional $75 rewards certificate. (Note that the other stores in the Bed Bath & Beyond family are buybuy BABY, Christmas Tree Shops, andThat!, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values.)
- You can finance larger purchases at a 0% interest rate with the card. For purchases over $500, you get 12 months to pay off your purchase at no interest. For purchases between 250 and $500, you get 6 months. Important to note here is that you must pay off the FULL purchase within the 12-month or 6-month period or you will be charged ALL of the interest that would’ve accrued since the date of the purchase — as if the 0% offer had never existed!
The interest rate on the Bed Bath & Beyond MasterCard ranges from very reasonable to very terrible, depending on your credit history. You could be approved at a rate of 14.49% or 18.49% or 24.49%, so be careful. While it’s not a good idea to carry a balance on any credit card, you especially don’t want to be carrying a balance that you’re paying 20%+ interest on. Those rewards won’t mean much if the interest essentially wipes them out.
Overall, we like what the Bed Bath & Beyond credit card offers, especially for those who always pay off their card balances each month. You can apply for the card via this online application.