- Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Best Cash Bonus Credit Cards (for New Cardholders)
- Best Credit Cards with 0% Interest on Purchases
- Best Business Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Bad Credit Unsecured Credit Cards
- Fair Credit Credit Cards
- Store Credit Cards List
- Ultimate Credit Card List
- Credit Cards with TSA PreCheck or Global Entry Credit
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
See? There is no best credit card. But we are happy to give you our ideas on the top credit card or cards in various categories, in order to help you choose which card is best for you:
- Check out our Low Interest Credit Cards page if your priority is a low interest rate.
- Check out our Rewards Credit Cards page if you pay off your balance each month and want a credit card with the best general reward options. (Or Cash Back Credit Cards if it’s all about the money.)
- If you have to gas up often and gas prices are getting you down, a specific Gas Credit Card might be the best card for you.
- If you have a large balance sitting on a credit card you currently own, the best credit card for you might be one that lets you park your balance at a 0% interest rate for a good long time. See our 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards page. (You might also check out cards that offer zero percent interest rates on purchases for an introductory period.)
- If you have a bad credit history, your best bet might be to check out our pages that feature decent options for Unsecured Credit Cards or Secured Credit Cards for those with bad credit.
One of the more common perks on high-end travel credit cards is a credit for your paid application to the Global Entry or TSA Pre Check programs (which let you move through airport security more quickly). The following credit cards will credit the cost of your Global Entry or TSA Pre application to your card, assuming you have used that card to pay for the application in the first place. Your “membership” to Global Entry or TSA Pre lasts for multiple years, so you will see that the credits are only available to the cardholder once every 4 to 5 years.
- American Express Platinum Card – Receive one statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or every 4.5 years after you apply for TSA Pre✓ ($85).
- Bank of America Premium Rewards Visa – “Get up to $100 Airport Security Statement Credit towards TSA Pre✓ ® or Global Entry Application fee, every four years.”
- Capital One Venture Card – Get a credit of up to $100 when you use this card to pay for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee charged to your card.
If you have a Rooms To Go credit card issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), below you’ll find all of the information you need to make a payment online or by mail, or to reach customer service to get help:
- If you’d like to pay your Rooms To Go credit card bill online, log in to your account here to make a payment.
Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony you will interact with when it comes to paying your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance.
Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- To access your account and make a Walmart credit card payment online, you can log in here.
TJ Maxx credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and in order to pay your TJ Maxx credit card bill online, or by mail, or by phone, or to talk to someone about your bill, you will need to go through Synchrony Bank. Here’s what to do:
- If you want to log in to your TJ Maxx account and pay your bill online, go here.
Bergdorf Goodman, in partnership with Capital One, offers a credit card with a rewards program that may entice frequent Bergdorf shoppers (as well as Neiman Marcus and Horchow shoppers). Our overview / review of the Bergdorf Goodman credit card is below:
The Bergdorf Goodman credit card is only accepted at Bergdorf Goodman and its sister stores Neiman Marcus and Horchow. If you are a frequent shopper at these stores, the card could makes sense, but, if you’re not, you need to ask yourself if opening a new credit line with limited acceptance is a good thing for your financial picture and your credit score.
If you have financed a Kubota vehicle or machinery through the Kubota Credit Corporation, below you will find information on making your monthly payments online or by mail, plus information on contacting Kubota Credit customer service for assistance:
- If you want to make your Kubota Credit payment online, log in to your account and make your payment.
The Discount Tire credit card is issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank’s Synchrony Car Care program, and it is Synchrony you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service information. Below you’ll find all of the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- If you’d like to pay your Discount Tire credit card bill online, log in to your account here to make a payment.
The Menards Big Card credit card is offered in partnership with Capital One, and it is Capital One you will interact with in order to pay your Menards credit card bill online or by mail, or if you need customer service help. Information on completing any of these tasks is below:
- If you want to make a payment to your Menards Big Card account online, go here to log in and pay.
Below is a list of over 100 department store or specialty store credit cards you might want to apply for. Most offer special rewards for store customers who make purchases with the cards, and most (but not all) offer an application online:
- ABC Warehouse Credit Card
- Abt Electronics Credit Card
- Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card
- Amazon.com Visa Credit Card
- Amazon Store Card
- American Eagle Credit Card
- American Signature Furniture Credit Card
- Ann Taylor Credit Card
- Apple Card
- Apple Store Financing Credit Card
- Arhaus Credit Card
- Art Van Credit Card
- Ashley Furniture HomeStore Credit Card
- Ashley Stewart Credit Card
- Athleta Credit Card
The Palais Royal credit card is issued in partnership with Comenity Bank, and it is Comenity you will interact with in order to pay your card bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. Below you’ll find the information you need to accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you’d like to pay your Palais Royal credit card online, log in to your account and make a payment.
The Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit cards (and subsequent Synchrony Mastercard) were/are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank, and it is Synchrony Bank that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or for customer service help. The information below will help you accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Toys R Us / Babies R Us / Synchrony Mastercard credit card bill online, log in here to make your payment.
If you are a Mercury Mastercard credit card holder, either through a direct approval from CreditShop/First Bank & Trust, or through the transition of former Barclays Bank cards to the Mercury credit card, below you will find all of the information you need to pay your card bill online, by mail, or by phone, or to get customer service assistance:
- If you’d like to pay your Mercury credit card bill online, log in to your account here and make a payment.
Investment company Charles Schwab, in partnership with American Express, offers two credit cards exclusive to Charles Schwab customers. While both offer perks good for certain Charles Schwab customers, neither is so special that we would recommend it over other cards on the market. See our overview/review of each card below:
- The Charles Schwab Investor Card offers a 1.5% cash back rebate, with the rebated amount going straight into your Charles Schwab brokerage account. If you use the card for at least $1000 in purchases in the first 3 months you have it, you’ll get an extra $100 statement credit. There is no annual fee. In our view, the 1.5% cash back rebate is only somewhat competitive with the top cash back credit cards on the market, but forcing you to take that rebate as a deposit into your brokerage account is less flexible than competitor cards. Plus, the signup bonus is worse than you would get with American Express’s Cash Magnet Card, which is otherwise the same card.