- Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- 0% Interest Introductory Offer Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Fair Credit Credit Cards
- Bad Credit Unsecured Credit Cards
- Store Credit Cards List
- Ultimate Credit Card List
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
Before we talk further about credit scores, let’s answer the burning question: For most lenders, an excellent credit score is anything over 750. (Some people say it is anything over 760; there is no universal agreement on this because every lender has its own criteria for what makes a score “excellent.”) If your credit is excellent, you should get the very best rates for any loan or credit product.
So, what is a credit score?
A credit score is a number used by lenders to evaluate how likely it is that you will pay back the loan they are considering giving to you. The higher your credit score, the less of a risk you are. Conversely, the lower your score, the higher the risk. Consumers with higher credit scores are more likely to be approved for loans and will get better rates than those with lower scores.
The most well-known credit score is that created by FICO. There are now a number of competing credit scoring models, most notably the VantageScore model.
If you are the holder of a Regions Bank credit card, below you’ll find all the information you need to pay your bill online or by mail, or to reach Regions Bank customer service for help:
- If you’d like to pay your Regions Bank credit card bill online, go here to log in to Online Banking and make a payment.
Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank) is the bank that is “really” behind many of the most popular retail credit cards out there. This means that if you have one of these cards, it is Synchrony Bank that is extending you credit and it is Synchrony you will be dealing with in the future, not the company whose name is on the front of the card. Synchrony Bank credit cards include:
If you are the holder of a credit card from Barclays Bank / Barclaycard, you’ll find all of the information you need to pay your credit card bill online or by mail below, along with information on how to reach Barclays credit card customer service by phone:
- If you’d like to pay your Barclays credit card bill online, go here to log in to your account at the Barclaycard site and make a payment.
Chevron & Texaco credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it’s Synchrony that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. Information to get any of these things done is below:
- If you want to pay your Chevron credit card payment online, go here to log in and make your payment.
The Kirkland’s credit card is issued in partnership with Wells Fargo, and it is Wells Fargo you will interact with in order to pay your credit card bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. All the information you need to complete any of these tasks is below:
- To pay your Kirkland’s credit card bill online, log in to your account at the Wells Fargo site and make a payment.
Comenity Bank (formerly World Financial Network National Bank, or WFNNB) is the company behind many retail store credit cards. When you become a credit card customer of J.Crew, Victoria’s Secret, or one of their other partner retailers, you actually become a customer of Comenity Bank, because Comenity is actually issuing the card. Comenity Bank credit cards include:
Getting credit or loans when you are self employed can be difficult. Anyone can call themselves self employed, even if they don’t make any money, so banks are more likely to regard you with suspicion if you are self employed or a “sole proprietor” (another term that means you’re on your own). Banks may want you to prove that you really make money and will be able to pay off your debts.
However, the good news is that banks and other credit card companies are more willing to approve self-employed people for credit cards than for other loans such as car loans or mortgages. Perhaps it’s because of the higher interest rates they can charge on credit cards, or the fact that they won’t be left with a house worth hundreds of thousands of dollars if you default. Whatever the reason, banks are more lenient on self-employed individuals when it comes to credit cards.
The Fry’s store credit card is issued in partnership with First Electronic Bank, and it is First Electronic Bank you will deal with to pay your Fry’s card bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. All of the information you need to complete any of these tasks is below:
- If you’d like to pay your Fry’s credit card balance online, log in to your account here to make a payment.
If you are looking to make a payment on your eBay Mastercard online, by mail, or by phone, or to reach customer service for help concerning your credit card, all the information you need is below:
- The eBay Extras credit card is integrated into your PayPal account, so if you want to make a payment online, first you must log in to PayPal. Once logged in, select the eBay Mastercard from the PayPal “Wallet” tab in order to pay. (Note that if you are using PayPal for the first time, you’ll have to add bank account information in order to make a payment.) NOTE: If you have the NEW eBay Mastercard introduced in late 2018, you can pay online here.
American Eagle credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and you will go through Synchrony Bank in order to make payments, reach customer service, or otherwise manage your account. Below is all the info you need to pay your bill or get questions answered:
- If you want to make a payment on your American Eagle credit card bill, log in here to pay online.
The Zales credit card is offered in partnership with Comenity Capital Bank, and it is Comenity you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. All of the information you need to complete any of these tasks is below:
- If you’d like to pay your Zales credit card bill online, log in to your account here to make a payment.