- Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Best Cash Bonus Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards with 0% Interest on Purchases
- Best Business Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Bad Credit Unsecured Credit Cards
- Fair Credit Credit Cards
- Store Credit Cards List
- Ultimate Credit Card List
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
See? There is no best credit card. But we are happy to give you our ideas on the top credit card or cards in various categories, in order to help you choose which card is best for you:
- Check out our Low Interest Credit Cards page if your priority is a low interest rate.
- Check out our Rewards Credit Cards page if you pay off your balance each month and want a credit card with the best general reward options. (Or Cash Back Credit Cards if it’s all about the money.)
- If you have to gas up often and gas prices are getting you down, a specific Gas Credit Card might be the best card for you.
- If you have a large balance sitting on a credit card you currently own, the best credit card for you might be one that lets you park your balance at a 0% interest rate for a good long time. See our 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards page. (You might also check out cards that offer zero percent interest rates on purchases for an introductory period.)
- If you have a bad credit history, your best bet might be to check out our pages that feature decent options for Unsecured Credit Cards or Secured Credit Cards for those with bad credit.
Simmons Bank has bank locations in 8 states, but it offers its credit cards nationwide. The main selling point of the Simmons credit cards is their low interest rates, among the lowest in the country. Our overview / review of the Simmons Bank credit cards is below:
The first thing to know about Simmons Bank credit cards is that they are not very easy to qualify for. You must have a high credit score. How high? We’re not sure, but everything we’ve ever seen or heard about these cards tells us that you will not be accepted if you’ve got a shaky credit history. If you have missed payments in the past or have a lot of debt on other credit cards right now, it’s unlikely you’re going to get one of these low-interest cards. Sorry.
Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony you will interact with when it comes to paying your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance.
Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- To access your account and make a Walmart credit card payment online, you can log in here.
The Lord & Taylor credit card is issued by Capital One, and it is Capital One you will interact with when you pay your bill online or by mail, or if you need customer service help. Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Lord & Taylor credit card online, go here to log in and make a payment.
TJ Maxx credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and in order to pay your TJ Maxx credit card bill online, or by mail, or by phone, or to talk to someone about your bill, you will need to go through Synchrony Bank. Here’s what to do:
- If you want to log in to your TJ Maxx account and pay your bill online, go here.
Instant approval credit cards can be defined in two different ways:
1. You get approved today and can instantly begin using your new credit line. (Yay! No waiting!)
2. You get approved today but don’t get the card until later. (Not bad.)
Only one of the major credit card issuers gives you the possibility of both instant approval and same-day card usage. Three other credit card companies claim they might give you an instant decision on your application, allowing you to know if you’ve been approved or whether you should apply elsewhere.
Those companies are:
- American Express – Offers the possibility of instant approval as well as the ability to use the card today. Almost every American Express credit card and charge card application includes the message “Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds.” And, most cards offer the possibility of an “Instant Card Number” that you can use until your physical card arrives. Instant Card Numbers are issued if American Express feels it has the “ability to instantly validate your identity.” (No word on how exactly they validate your identity.)
- Bank of America – Most Bank of America credit cards have the message “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds” on their online applications.
The Men’s Wearhouse credit card is issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank, and it is Synchrony you will deal with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. Below you’ll find all of the information you need yo accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you’d like to pay your Men’s Wearhouse credit card bill online, log in to your account here and make a payment.
The Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit cards (and subsequent Synchrony Mastercard) were/are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank, and it is Synchrony Bank that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or for customer service help. The information below will help you accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Toys R Us / Babies R Us / Synchrony Mastercard credit card bill online, log in here to make your payment.
Comenity Bank is the company behind many retail store credit cards. When you become a credit card customer of J.Crew, Victoria’s Secret, or one of their other partner retailers, you actually become a customer of Comenity Bank, because Comenity is actually issuing the card. Comenity Bank credit cards include this list:
- Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card
- Adorama Credit Card (Comenity Capital Bank)
- ALON Gas Credit Card
- Alphaeon Medical Credit Card (Comenity Capital Bank)
- American Kennel Club AKC Credit Card
- Ann Taylor Credit Card
- Arhaus Credit Card
- Ashley Stewart Credit Card
- Avenue Credit Card
- Ballard Designs Credit Card
- Barneys New York Credit Card
American Eagle credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and you will go through Synchrony Bank in order to make payments, reach customer service, or otherwise manage your account. Below is all the info you need to pay your bill or get questions answered:
- If you want to make a payment on your American Eagle credit card bill, log in here to pay online.
Women’s discount clothing retailer Metrostyle offers a credit card in partnership with Comenity Bank that allows you to earn reward points toward future Metrostyle purchases. Our overview / review of the card is below:
The first thing to know about the Metrostyle credit card is that it can only be used at Metrostyle and its sister store Chadwicks — it is not accepted anywhere else. This limited acceptance is a strike against it in our view: do you really want to open a new credit line for a card with such limited acceptance? Opening too many of these types of credit cards can hurt your credit score, especially if your credit history is shaky.
If you are looking to score an upfront cash bonus on your new credit card, this list ranks the best cash bonuses available today. (If the card has an annual fee in the first year, we’ve subtracted the amount of the annual fee from the cash bonus when ranking the card.)
Note that bonuses may change at any time; we can not guarantee you will see the same bonus described on this page.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – You can earn a 60,000-point bonus that is worth $600 cash, but you’ll have to spend $4000 in the first three months of having the card. The card also has a $95 annual fee to consider. You’ll earn 2 points per dollar on dining and travel on an everyday basis, 1 point on everything else.
- Citi Premier Card – You can earn a 60,000-point bonus that can be redeemed for $600 in cash, but you’ll have to spend $4000 in the first three months of having the card. This card also has a $95 annual fee. Daily points earning on this card includes 3 points per dollar on travel and most gas purchases.
- Bank of America Premium Rewards Visa – Offers a 50,000-point bonus (worth $500 if redeemed for cash) if you spend $3000 in the first 3 months after opening the card. The card does have a $95 annual fee. Also offers everyday rewards of 2 points per dollar on dining and travel, 1.5 points per dollar on everything else. A $100 travel credit for airline incidentals (baggage fees, in-flight charges, etc.) could make this card more than worth its cost.
The Tractor Supply credit card is issued in partnership with Citibank, and it is Citi you will deal with when it comes to making a payment online or by mail, or to get customer service help. You’ll find information on completing any of these tasks below:
- If you’d like to pay your Tractor Supply Co. credit card bill online, log in to your account and make a payment.
If you have a Rooms To Go credit card issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), below you’ll find all of the information you need to make a payment online or by mail, or to reach customer service to get help:
- If you’d like to pay your Rooms To Go credit card bill online, log in to your account here to make a payment.